Home >> Architecture
Architecture is the science and art of construction of building and structures. Architect is concerned about creating buildings and structures with standards of functional aspects in terms of efficient planning, good artificial and natural lighting, heating or cooling and proper acoustic conditions. Architecture is a multidisciplinary profession and requires a combination of artistic, technological and sociological expertise.
Modern architect job is not just limited to buildings only but also covers Town Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Development and Interior Design.
Landscape Architect plans the location of building and roads and the arrangement of flowers, shrubs and trees and other features of open space. There are urban development authorities in cities and towns who seek the assistance and advice of urban planners. Architects are also involved in the interior designing activities.
Diploma in Architecture (D.Arch.)
Ph.D. in Architecture
- Architectural Assistant, Junior Designers, Draftsman,
- Junior/Assistant/Senior Architect and Chief Architect
Architects can find career opportunities in:
- Public Works Departments of State and Central Governments
- Urban development authorities, Housing Boards
- Municipalities, land development departments, - defence services
- Builders and construction companies
- Architecture Firms