Home >> Mass Communication
Mass Communication is concerned with communication and spreading of news and information through various mediums like television, radio, magazines, newspapers etc. It covers both print and electronic media. Print Media includes newspapers, journals, magazines etc. Electronic media includes television, radio, internet etc. Mass Communication encompasses the different media used for the communication of news, information, entertainment and other public messages to a large number of people.
Mass communication covers various streams:
- Public Relations etc.
This field requires knowledge of various fields as well as current affairs, a creative sense, ability to perform well under pressure, a keen sense of observation, analytical skills and excellent language skills written or spoken depending on selected area or stream.
Some of job options related with Mass Communication:
- Editor, Sub-Editor
- Feature, Script Writer
- Critic, Columnist, Freelancer
- Layout Artists, Printer
- Radio Jockey
- News Reader
There are number of diploma, graduate and masters courses in Mass Communication are being offered by many institutes. Mass Communication degree holders have opportunities in variety of media related jobs in both print and electroinic media.
1) Degree Programme in Mass Communication
2) P.G. Programme in Mass Communication
3) P.G. Diploma in Journalism (English)
4) P.G. Diploma in Journalism (Hindi)
5) P.G. Diploma Course in Advertising & Public Relations
6) P.G. Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism
7) Courses in Film direction, film production, motion picture photography
8) Specialised courses in Motion picture photography & video direction
Institutes/ Universities offering related courses:
1. Anna Malai University, Chennai
2. Madurai Kamraj University, Chennai
3. Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication, Pune
4. Department of Communication & Journalism, University of Poona
5. New Delhi YMCA, Centre for Mass Media.
6. Sophia’s Polytechnic, Mumbai
7. Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
8. Oxford College of Education, Patnotola Lane, Kolkata
9. Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Chennai & Kolkata
10. Assam University
11. University of Kolkata
12. Aligarh Muslim University, U.P.
13. Banaras Hindu University, U.P.
14. Guru Nanak Dev University
15. Punjab University
16. Kurukshetra University, Haryana
17. Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi
18. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
19. IGNOU, New Delhi
20. Sardar Patel University, Gujarat
21. Nagpur University
22. Dr. Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Karnataka University, Karnataka