- Medical & Health
- Education & Teaching
- Information Technology
- Mass Communication
- Sales and Marketing
- Public Relations
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Fashion Designing
- Textile Designing
- Finance and Accounts
- BPO/Call Centre
- Insurance and Actuarial Science
- Travel and Tourism
- Foreign Languages
- Technical Writers
- Content Writers
- Library and Information Science
- Law & Legal Issues
- Social Work
- Medical Representative
- Fine Arts
- Food Technology
- Nano Technology
- Disaster Management
- Film and Television
- Graphic Design
- Beauty Culture
- Office Management
- Event Management
- Civil Aviation
- Agriculture and Allied Activities
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Environmental Science and Studies
- Fire Protection
- Plant Science/Botany
- Life Sciences
- Political Science
- Materials Science
Home >> Fashion Designing
Fashion Designing is concerned with designing apparels and accessories for men, women and children. Other that clothes, fashion designing includes designing of jewellery, footwear, bags and other accessories. The designer has to take care of size, fitting, style, colour, texture and material.
At first, designer makes a sketch of the original idea on paper and then convert it into final fashion product. For a designer, acquiring knowledge about fabric, weave, material, texture, colour and design and trends are also required.
Fashion Designing can be categorised into: (1) Textile or fabrics Designing, (2) Leather Designing (including garments, foot wear and accessories), (3) Jewellery Designing
Job Options/ Scope:
Some Fashion designers work as freelance designers and design for individual clients or sell to stores or cloth manufactures. Some designers work for fashion company and design for the company only. Other designers start their own fashion shops or stores and sell under their own label.
One can find job with Export houses, textile mills, boutiques, garment stores, leather companies, jewellery houses after completing degree or diploma course in fashion designing.
Career Options: Fashion Designer, Fashion Coordinator, Fashion Consultant, Fashion Journalist, Freelance Designer, Stylist, Faculty, Boutique Business, Entrepreneurship, etc.
Institutes & Courses:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Diploma - Fashion Design
- Under-Graduate Programme in Design
New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gandhi Nagar, Bangalore
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
- Diploma Course in Apparel.
Sophia Polytechnic, Breach Candy, Bombay.
- Diploma in Fashion & Dress Designing
South Delhi Polytechnic, South Extn. Part-1, New Delhi.
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
Pearl Fashion Academy Okhla, Delhi
- Diploma/Certificate in Fashion Designing
International Institute of Fashion Technology, N-14, South Extn.-1, New Delhi.
- Diploma in
a) Garments Production Technology
b) Fashion Designing
c) Apparel Merchandising
Lady Irwin College, Sikander Road, New Delhi
- Professional Diploma Course in Textile & Fashion Designing.
Fashion Designing Courses:
- B. Des. (Accessory Design)
- B. Des. (Fashion Design)
- B. Des. (Knitwear Design)
- B. F.Tech. (Apparel Production)
- B.Sc. (Costume & Fashion Technology)
- B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design)
- Bachelor in Fashion Technology (B.FTech.)
- Bachelor of Fashion Merchandising & Production
- Master of Design (M.Des.)
- Master of Fashion Managment (M.F.M.)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech.)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Fashion Designing & Merchandising)