Home >> Your Questions

Q - I have completed my Bsc in computer science, have a work experience of 6 months and doin MSc IT part 1 right now. I am yet to give GRE and TOEFL. Is it possible to get admission for Phd in a good university in US or will i have to do MS in comp sci. There are students who get directly into Phd aftr Bachelors degree but mostly studying in US itself.So i am confused i should go for PHD or MS??

- Sneha


Most of the US universities demand atleast 16 years of education for Phd programmes. They admit students with bachelor degree to their doctorate programmes, directly also. But, If you can't convince academic panel with your bachelor degree, your B.Sc. degree will not be sufficient. You can complete your masters degree first, if you prefer so. GRE and TOEFL/IELTS are also required to get admission in a good university in US.

A student with a masters degree may take less time to complete his/her PhD, if it is in the same field. You can make queries with some US universities you are interested in. They can tell you better in detail.

Please Note: This answer is just our view and a suggestion only. We have used our best knowledge but still the information may not be 100% accurate and updated.

View All Answers

Ask Career Related Questions

verify:Ask Question

Skip to Content  

DISCLAIMER: Content of this web page is for information purposes only, please consult concerned authority, organisation, institution or person for more details. All materials and services in this web site, including those provided by links to third-party web sites are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.