Home >> Your Questions
I am 1st yr. commerce student from St. xaviers. what are the different career options before me?
Some of career options in Commerce stream.:
- Banking Sector - public, private and commercial banks in activities like tele-banking, credit cards, electronic clearance, retail banking, corporate banking, merchant banking, investment banking and treasury and forex functions
- Stock Market as Stock broker,Securities broker, Investment Analyst, Securities Analyst, Investment Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Mortgage broker
- Finance & Accounts - Financial Manager, Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, ICWA, Cost Accountant, Tax auditor, Tax Consultant, Policy analyst
- Law & Legal Services - Commercial Law, Corporate Law
- Entrepreneurship - start your own business
- Business Management
- Computer Applications
- Statistician, Economist
Others: Insurance, Mutual funds, Commodity & Share Trading, Hotel Management, Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Investment Banking, Airlines, Travel & Tourism, Fashion Merchandising
Some of these careers require further studies like M.Com., MFC, CA,CS, CWA, MBA, PG Diploma/Degree, etc. Some areas need no further studies but require training and on job experience. For some career options, you will have to appear for and pass competitive exams.
Moreover, your career choice should depend on your area of interest. So make a choice and go for it.
Please Note: This answer is just our view and a suggestion
only. We have used our best knowledge but still the information may not be 100% accurate and updated.