Home >> Your Questions

Q - If a student fails in one subject in board exams,and is soon going to appear the compartment examination,but he wants to get admission in any institute(reputed one) to carry on his studies,especially bachelore’s degree in any subject except math and physics,can he or she have a career and a bachelore degree course in that year iteself without droping one year?

- Sitanshu


UGC guidelines say no student shall be eligible for admission to a first degree programme in any of the faculties unless he/she has successfully passed the examination conducted by a Board/University at the +2 level of schooling or its equivalent. However, you can contact concerned college and know whether you can be given provisional admission. In that case you will have to clear compartment within specified time period and fulfill other specified conditions otherwise admission will be cancelled. If possible, clear your compartment and then apply for admission with late fees.

[Answered on July 24, 2012]

Please Note: This answer is just our view and a suggestion only. We have used our best knowledge but still the information may not be 100% accurate and updated.

View All Answers

Ask Career Related Questions

verify:Ask Question

Skip to Content  

DISCLAIMER: Content of this web page is for information purposes only, please consult concerned authority, organisation, institution or person for more details. All materials and services in this web site, including those provided by links to third-party web sites are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.